Wednesday, January 10, 2007

THE MEN IN BLACK

Have you had a dealing with the men in black recently?

I did today, and like other times the encounter left a bitter taste in my mouth.

They are men of the Nigeria Police.

Shabilly dressed.

They screamed and shouted at people to get attention, where a modest “Excuse me I am a police man can I see the content of your bag?” would have done the job.

I stopped and he shouted again at me to open my bag and I concluded that he must think am deaf.

I opened my bag and he smiled broadly and asked for the receipt even after I told him the laptop in my bag is for my uncle who gave it to me on loan.

All he wanted was a receipt for the laptop any at all!

He didn’t listen to reason and when I asked for a deposit receipt for the laptop so I can leave it with him and thhe go to get the recipt from my uncle, he flared up and treathened to slap me!

His colleagues supported him and right there started to call me thief –when was I tried?

I wondered, where did we get these ill trained men from?*!

Why do we continue to entrust our security with these men who do not seem to know what they are doing?

Are the police men else where (other countries) like this too ?

Cann’t we do something about their deplorable state?

The questions could go on….

In all I feel pity for the nation that maintains such a poorly equipped, ill trained and corrupt law keepers-the police force.

2 comments:

seunodunaiya said...

a sorry for this country too

Dammy said...

I FEEL YPUR PAIN