Saturday, January 06, 2007

NO NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

I have in the past fallen victim of failed new year resolutions and have often taken solace in the fact that am not alone -the story is told of a certain Gym club, were every January regular members- those with several years of consistent membership have to contend with the January rush of new members. The rush soon thins out, as the year progresses and the resolutions behind the new membership fail.

For three years or thereabout, I had stopped bothering about resolutions and did not really find an alternative thus living my life, as the day comes without any serious or documented long term goals-except of course to pass my semester exams!

Several events-and people-towards the end of last year changed my vision of life and existence and pointed me in a new direction.

A new consciousness

A will to succeed

A will to work consciously toward success

This year, I, instead of making new year resolutions, decided to set targets (goals) for my self in 3 different areas of life/living

My goals obey the age long SMART criteria for good goals: -
S- specific

M- measurable

A- attainable

R- realistic

T-time based

Specific: in that my goals have been honed down to specific issues & ideas and are not ambiguous.


Measurable: each goal in my list have measurable parameters.

Attainable: each goal are simple enough to be attained with some measure of discipline and resoluteness

Realistic: all goals are backed with reason and not fantasy

Time based: all my goals have been set within realistic time limits.

No comments: