Saturday, January 06, 2007

NEW YEAR... NEW GOALS

The three major areas of focus for me this year are:

1. Personal development and growth

2. Career.

3. Project.

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT & GROWTH.

Increase my knowledge base.
i. Project 100 (2 books/week).
ii. Blog subscription & consumption .
iii. Magazine subscription & consumption

Improve my speech making/speaking abilities
iv. improve my diction (learn 10 new English words a week)
v. improve my telephone manners (get resource materials)-Feb 07
vi. ask & review others opinion/criticism of my speaking abilities with a view to improve where the need arises.

CAREER
In my 10 year plan lapsing in the year 2015, this year was tagged “transition” i.e. am moving from undergraduate studies to pre NYSC and later NYSC.
Hence the goals I have set for this broad area are:

A. GRADUATE

i. Round up work on my Bachelor’s degree –in January-and if there are delays they should not be traced to negligence of any sort from me
ii. Complete my final clearance ASAP
B. FURTHER STUDY

i. research & learn all I can in my chosen area of further study
ii. initiate pet project in the my chosen area of further study
iii. contact institutions offering training in my chosen area of further study

C. SKILL ACQUISITION

In order to consolidate on my appreciation of the internet and my other intrests, I have set goals to acquire at least one IT based skill once every three months. This shall be accomplished via tutorials and trainings.

PROJECTS
Students’ Survival Kit:
i. build a web based support portal for the book ( February 2007)
ii. heavily publicise the book(Jan – March 2007)
iii. reach out for bulk buyers
Knowledge-prenur: web based information sharing resource (April 2007).



I am happy you have patiently read this far, I have done this post not to impress you but to encourage you to do same for I have realized that people who fail to plan often live miserable lives and those who plan though may not actualize their plans due to reasons beyond their control, they often time end up better off than people who don’t plan.

I will appreciate if you are willing to be my accountability partner, send me an email and I will tell you the things we can make possible together.
I wish you a happy new year.

No comments: